FX NETWORKS, LLC’S AMERICAN HORROR STORY EXPERIENCE
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
- DISPUTES RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION WITH NO CLASS RELIEF.
WINNER MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA SEPTEMBER 6, 2018 AND RETURN SEPTEMBER 8, 2018 TO CLAIM THIS PRIZE.
- Sponsor. The “Sponsor” is FX Networks, LLC, P.O. Box 900, Los Angeles, California 90213. The “Administrator” is Cohen-Friedberg Associates, LLC, Framingham, MA 01702.
- Eligibility. The “American Horror Story Experience” (the "Sweepstakes") is only open to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least twenty one (21) years of age or older (the "Entrant"). Employees of Sponsor or Administrator, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers, directors, officers, and each of their immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win. Void where prohibited by law.
- Entry Period. The Sweepstakes begins on Wednesday, August 22, 2018, at 10:01:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT") and ends on Sunday, August 26, 2018 at 12:00:00 p.m. (Noon). PDT (the "Entry Period").
- How To Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must: Access the application hosted by FX Networks, LLC available on https://thebeginningisnear.tv (“Promotion Website”). To enter, register by completing the entry form with all required information and/or following the instructions available on the Promotion Website. Upon successful registration, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person, per day (“Entry” or “Entries”).
No entries will be accepted that do not follow Promotion Website instructions. All Entries must be received by the Sponsor within the Entry Period. An online entry is “received” when the Sponsor’s servers record the entry. Entries must comply with these Official Rules or be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If you change your contact information after you enter the Sweepstakes, it is your sole responsibility to update your information with the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorized holder of the identified e-mail account. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
If you opt to access the Sweepstakes via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
- Winner Selection, Prize Claiming and Notification. Eight (8) potential Grand Prize Winners will be selected through a random drawing to be conducted on or about Monday, August 27, 2018 12:00 (NOON) PDT from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of any winner. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of a winner will be final. The potential Winner will be notified via e-mail, placing a phone call, within one (1) day of the drawing. If the potential Winner fails to respond within forty eight (48) hours of the first winner notification attempt, Administrator may select another potential Winner at Sponsor’s discretion (time permitting).
The Grand Prize winner will be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability/ prize acceptance agreement and W-9 request for tax payer identification (the “Prize Acceptance Release”) and return same within one (1) calendar day with all required information before being eligible to receive his or her prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to require a potential prize winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring the Sweepstakes or the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Odds. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes and Values:
Eight (8) Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive a AHS FAN EXPERIENCE trip for two (2) Los Angeles, California (Winner and his/her guest must be 21 years of age or older to claim this prize).
Prize includes the following:
- Roundtrip (coach class) air transportation.
- Two (2) nights (double occupancy between 9/6 and 9/7/18 (dates subject to change as determined by the Sponsor and at its sole discretion) hotel accommodations.
- Winner to receive a $250 for ground transportation and misc. expenses.
- Winner and his/her guest will receive a Sponsor provided dinner and screening (FX content, date, time and location of screening to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion).
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize package $3,000.
Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize.
Total ARV of all prizes is $24,000
- Prize is provided on an “as is” basis, without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable.
- Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the same dates.
- Air transportation shall be by coach class roundtrip from a major gateway nearest the winner’s home address with a destination of Los Angeles, CA depending on the winner’s departure city, and all such travel arrangements will be made by a Sponsor designated representative whose decisions regarding the itinerary are final and binding. Selection of airline and airport shall be at the discretion of Sponsor or any other provider of any portion of the prize. Trip winner and travel companion must have valid travel documents (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, etc.) along with any other travel requirements in order to travel to California prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. Winner must have a valid major credit card to check in to a hotel. Winner and his/her guest is responsible for all incidental expenses while staying at hotel. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation or delay or any weather or airline issues that prevent the prize winner and travel companion, if applicable, from traveling. If the winner is a resident of California living within 200 miles of Los Angeles, CA, ground transportation will be substituted for air transportation.
- Prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges, all insurance, federal, state, and local taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidental charges and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize.
All estimated retail values are subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the travel in the marketplace and date of departure. If the prize or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or any non-compliance with the Official Rules or failure to respond within the applicable time period, it will result in forfeiture of the prize and an alternate prize winner will be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received (time permitting).
- Prize will be awarded only if the prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Sponsor or Sponsor's representative reserves the right to remove or to deny portions of the prize package to winner and/or guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person with no further compensation.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, and are subject to change. In the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winner with their prize, the Sponsor may elect to pay the winner the ARV of the prize or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. ARV of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number, before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of Winner, or in a minor in the jurisdiction in which she or he resides, in the name of her/his parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prize received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
- Publicity Release. Except where prohibited, by participating, you grant Sponsor permission to use your name, username, social networking name, photograph, voice, any other likeness, or comments for publicity purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you.
- Intellectual Property. The Sweepstakes Official Rules, the Promotion Website, and all related web pages, content and code are the property of Sponsor or authorized third parties. The copying of any of those materials, associated trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Release. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release Sponsor, Administrator and the applicable parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, attorneys, prize providers and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (all collectively the “Released Parties”) from any claims, liability, costs, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to your participation in the Sweepstakes. You agree that the Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be responsible for any warranty, express or implied, in connection with the Sweepstakes (including prizes); (B) and will not be responsible or liable for any injury that may be caused by the wrongful act of any other person or entity, including Promotion Website users, and by any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that : “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIM WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” (C) Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Sweepstakes, (b) the uploading, processing, or random selection of entries, (c) the announcement of the Winner or potential winner, or (d) the prizes or any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prizes; and/or (7) losses or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the internet via any of the websites referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mistranscribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries or e-mail transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems, including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's internet service provider and/or e-mail client, or (iii) insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrant’s computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to Entrant’s personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. (D) By participating, Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties, and the other persons and entities involved in the development, production, and/or administration of the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all liability for losses, harm, damage, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- Your Representations and Warranties and Indemnity: You represent and warrant that you have read, understand and will follow the Official Rules. You further represent that you have the right to agree to these Official Rules. You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any third party claim, to the extent relating to any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by you in your acceptance of these Official Rules.
- Suspension/Modification/Termination. If Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event or cause beyond its control, e.g., events of nature, interference by humans or entities unrelated to Sponsor, acts of government (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may select the potential Winners from all eligible entries received prior to termination.
- Tampering. Sponsor will disqualify any individual that attempts to tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes and reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Governing Law/Limitation of Liability. All issues concerning the Sweepstakes and thee Official Rules shall be governed by California law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause in the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY CLAIMS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NOT EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Mandatory ARBITRATION; No Class Relief: To the fullest extent permissible by law, with the exception of disputes pertaining to Sponsor’s intellectual property rights, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE REFFERED TO AND FINALLY RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS UNDER THE STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES ON AN INDIVUDUAL BASIS WITH NO CLASS RELIEF. This clause shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act.
- WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES Requests: To receive the name of the Winners, send stamped self-addressed envelope to: “FX Networks American Horror Story Sweepstakes Winners List,” P.O. Box 2312, Framingham, MA 01703. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “FX Networks AHS Sweepstakes Official Rules,” P.O. Box 2242, Framingham, MA 01703 prior to the end of the Entry Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
Requests for the name of the winners must be received no later than 9/28/18.